No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Miloslav Janku sea lion Neodymium ZBS sculpture  (Read 2951 times)

Offline scavo

• Members
Miloslav Janku sea lion Neodymium ZBS sculpture
« on: February 11, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »
I picked up these 2 pieces of neodymium glass today.

The fish is (as far as I can tell) Miloslav Janku. I believe the design dates from 1965 and the work may be later than that.

The sea lion is clearly the same glass, but is it also Miloslav Janku? Can anyone confirm and date the design?

Unfortunately neither are signed.

Thanks in anticipation of your help and comments.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Miloslav Janku sea lion Neodymium ZBS sculpture
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:07:30 PM »
I'm very fond of ZBS animals and sea creatures... I got two fish (well, one fish and one dolphin -- at least I think it's a dolphin) just a few days ago:   virginit and citrin fish and blue dolphin

I don't believe I've seen a sea lion before, but it does look very ZBS-Janku-ish, doesn't it?  Very nice items. :)

Edited to add:  I've found your sea lion in the 1987/4 CGR... It was indeed designed by Miloslav Janku, pattern number 814050.

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:46:44 PM »
Thanks Anek.

I was very happy when I found the pieces today, not least because they were a bargain, even if they turned out to be modern Chinese! Which they aren't  :smg: :smg: :smg:

So, both Janku, 1 1965, other 1987.

I must track down those CGR journals. I was looking at the wrong one earlier - yours on picasa but the '79/11 edition.

Just looked at your Janku collection. Nice. The two linked above: the fish looks a little like a sturgeon and the other has to be a dolphin leaping out of the water.

I'm a very happy man tonight.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
Glad you're happy...  I'd be as well. :)

But judging by the pattern number, I'd say your sea lion is also a 1960s design.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand