No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fulvio Bianconi scratch restoration  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Slimfit1

• Members
Fulvio Bianconi scratch restoration
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »
Dear Fellows,

I am a relatively new collector who has embarked on a journey, into the realms of art glass, and loving it. I am totally hooked on art glass and spend hours scouring the internet learning what I can and just marvelling at the beauty of this stuff. I have a few pieces by Lindstrand, and Sarpaneva but am VERY CLOSE to buying my first Fulvio Bianconi Pezzato. I am totally mesmerised by this guys work , but the one I have my eye on has a small scratch on one of the blue squares. The scratch is about 1.5 cm long, and is not a deep scratch however, is slightly worse than what one would consider 'light'.

Would any body be so kind as to tell me if this scratch could be professionally removed, and restored back to its original shiny brilliance, or is this an impossibility, and asking a little too much. If the shine can be achieved how bad would be the 'dent' be as I have a feeling that a narrow polish (just on the blue square) would leave a dent that would catch the light in the most hideous, 'defunked' kind of manner.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Steve

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Fulvio Bianconi scratch restoration
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
Hi Steve you say the scratch is not deep are you sure ?  the depth of scratches are difficult to judge  , however if its not deep Bazil can do an amazing job , if its done properly even you will not see it , but as  you are a NEWBIE  can in just say be careful there are a lot of fakes of the best Italian glass around today so get advice because the fakes are not cheap , ask and check before you spend big money . The info for Bazil can be found on th forum and others , but i can say he is very  good . welcome .

Offline Slimfit1

• Members
Re: Fulvio Bianconi scratch restoration
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »
Thanks John. i will look into that. I am aware of fakes and in the pezzato's I think the green gives it away. I normally get two side by side and compare colour, pattern, shape, rim. I also notice some look so new! but there are re issues also! I have seen someone on ebay selling fulvio bianconi figures and other expensive fakes as the real thing. I see their sold items and it just seems odd they are selling around one per month, all at £1000+. I do look for the tiniest of differences and if in doubt I leave well alone. I am a bit stuck on the waisted pezzatos though. some have lower waists than others. Is this normal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand