No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Willy Johannson Hadeland Bubbles Vase - "Unique"?  (Read 4563 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Willy Johannson Hadeland Bubbles Vase - "Unique"?
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:35:09 AM »
This lovely vase is signed only "Hadeland" with initials I believe are WJ (for Willy Johannson, I presume).  Does the lack of a number signify that it is a unique, one of a kind item?  If not, does someone recognize this piece as part of a known series?  And when would this have been produced?  The technique is interesting.  The blue colors seem to float above the bubble glass body.  The vase measures  6 1/4" (16.5 cm) tall, and is quite heavy.

Thanks,
Charles.

Offline mbmb

• Members
Re: Willy Johannson Hadeland Bubbles Vase - "Unique"?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »
Hi

Alas, not a unique piece, but it is part of Hadeland’s art glass range. The series consists of two vases, height 16,5 cm and 20 cm, two bowls, diameter 18 cm and 23 cm, and a platter, diameter 35 cm. All Hadeland art glass made after 1970 is signed the way your vase is, with just the artist’s initials. This series dates from 1976, and has no name. But it is a nice vase, agreed.

mbmb

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »
Lovely. :mrgreen:

John

Offline rudy ramirez

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
Hello....i read your coment on Willy Johansson's vase. I have one that is listed on ebay for $359.00 us. It is a penguin mid century Hadeland glass vase. I was wondering why it is so much. I paid $5.00 for mine in an antique shop. Can anyone tell me more about it?
    thanks Rudy

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »
Hi

The blue-and-pink item listed on eBay is by no means a Willy Johansson art glass Penguin vase. A genuin WJ Penguin is quite different in shape, and is steel grey with clear glass wings. It was produced 1957-61, and a signed specimen would cost about $120 in its native Norway. For an image, see:

www.styleforum.net/t/26398/the-vase-thread

Perhaps someone can identify the item on eBay?

Best wishes
mbmb

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
This one I guess: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-ART-DECO-PENGUIN-GLASS-VASE-Mid-Century-MODERN-HADELAND-Norway-ABSTRACT-/270728737710?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f08b0b3ae

Looks to me with that shape and colours like it could be Czech and from ZBS - Zelezny Brod.

John

Offline rudy ramirez

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the info on my Mid-Century vase. I guess what is listed on the e-bay image is not Hadeland but Czech, and yes it does look like czech to me in the sommerso line as murano did also. Josef Hospda or zelsney brod is more likely. Its still a great piece :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »
mbmb thanks for posting the link  :clap: :o some...well all of them, are breathtakingly beautiful.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand