No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with Kosta Boda signature please - Bertil Vallien  (Read 9816 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Help with Kosta Boda signature please - Bertil Vallien
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 09:47:06 AM »
"The Kosta Boda Book of Glass" published in 1986 is an excellent reference for most older pieces of KB or Boda glass(as Bertil Vallien came from Boda with many established designs).  This color of Aphrodite vase is not shown so its number will be > 48536 or < 48530, probably the former.  David's suggestions are the wrong colours - 48533 has yellow stripes, and 48534 is white on frosted white.

Personally I have found Kosta Boda helpful by answering emails - redirecting me to Kosta Boda USA where a lady called Jackie Sebastiano has been very helpful.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
Ross is correct about the the 1986 book, and the colours. There is one for 1994 and 2000 also, but the 1986 is the one I use most. There's also Kosta 250 Years, which gives an overview of the history of the companies. It's a decent book, but not that useful practically speaking.  There isn't a book that explains the coding system.

Vallien would say his allegiance was to Afors, a company that was taken over by Boda. He insisted on the factory remaining open.  More importantly, he ensured the factory would successful by continuing to design production pieces when he could have made enough income deigning only his high-priced  individual pieces. He's very much an artist with a social conscience.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

bfg

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
thank you for the updated info Ross, much appreciated.

Interesting background info on BV David, thanks again.

Based on both David's and Ross's comments re the 1986 book - I'm off to Amazon and the kids will be living on beans on toast for a while haha!

bfg

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
Rats! amazon.com wont ship the book to the UK and there are none on the .uk site

Don't suppose anyone has seen one for sale this side of the pond on their virtual travels?

Mel

bfg

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
doh! ebay of course! why didnt I think of that

thank you Greg

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
There's also at least two sellers on Amazon.com marketplace that will ship internationally  :spls:

bfg

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
yes but the price was creeping up, will fall back on those if i have no luck with the ebay seller ....there maybe a revolt in the household if I keep giving them beans for tea lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand