No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amethyst organic painted vases..gooseneck? Help for ID please...  (Read 408 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Amethyst organic painted vases..gooseneck? Help for ID please...
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
I bought these recently, without a really decent shot of them. I was hoping they were irridescent but they are more a clear dark amethyst glass. They still need a clean though which is going to be scary in itself.

As you can see they aren't identical. Both have snapped pontils. But the opening on one is larger and the base is slightly different. I would think the same maker but then why a different style of base? The painting is quite basic, with gold and bavarian style flowers. Initially I thought Loetz because of the shape but now that I've seen the snapped pontil, I know it can't be. So....a Bohemian maker? Or has someone seen them before. I've been googling and checking books for a week and cant find anything similar. And age ? Victorian? Either way they are unlike anything I have and I just love unusual glass.

Cheers!
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Amethyst organic painted vases..gooseneck? Help for ID please...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »
They are rose water sprinklers  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
So I'd better search under that then? Well I can honestly say I'd never heard of them.... :D
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:41 AM »
There is a thread on here about these - i have one too - but I'm not sure we came to a conclusion. I still think these are Gordiola but unable to confirm. They may be Bohemian for the persian market too...m

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »
I can't find a Gordiola vase that looks similar...
Trudy

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
Just   search   the   board   for   rosewater.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand