No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Boda Bukett by Rolf Sinnemark Information Needed  (Read 2711 times)

Offline blake77

• Members
Boda Bukett by Rolf Sinnemark Information Needed
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
Hello,
            I found a vase about a year ago that was recently identified by Glass Message Board member px of Finland as being a "Boda Bukett by Rolf Sinnemark, Sweden from somewhere around 70-80's". I've found information about Rolf Sinnemark and, of course Boda, in both my Scandinavian Glass books and on-line but I cannot find anything about the actual Boda Bukett piece itself.
   The piece is shaped like a large Hyacinth or bulb forcing vase but I don't know if that is actually what its use is supposed to be. From the base the glass tapers in slightly then widens to a shoulder before tapering back in approximately half way up the body. There is then a waisted section with a ring of 12 round buttons or dots. Above the ring of buttons the vase widens again into a symmetrical series of 12 reeded / fluted panels aligned with the buttons below that form the upper body and crimped style rim of the vase. The vase measures 6-7/8" tall, 5" in diameter at rim and 5" in diameter at base. The smallest interior measurement is 2-1/2" in diameter.
    I would truly appreciate any information about this piece; purpose, more exact date, book value etc. I am also very interested in any websites or the titles of any books which describe the vase.

Thank you for your help.

Yours, Blake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand