No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Forgotten Muranese ..?  (Read 3943 times)

Offline Roger H

• Members
Re: Forgotten Muranese ..?
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »
   Gooday, what I would like to reiterate is that my Murano and the ebay weight are from the same stable. Peters nicely overlaid and cut weight is from close by, partly due to the drab yellow as already mentioned, the canes are not the same as in the other two (AVeM ?) weights but do have a similarity but not half as good.
    It is still a good Murano because of the finishing to it.
      Roger (the ruminative.)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petern00

• Members
Re: Forgotten Muranese ..?
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 07:15:29 AM »
After some delay I located the original seller and forwarded an email asking about attribution.  The reply has been .. "Probably is of A.VE.M. factory from Murano 1940."  Mmmm?!?  There seems to be some confusion (within the broken English) about who (i.e. me) has bought the one in the photogrpah I'd sent - one of those in this thread's first post - although I needn't worry because something similar will be arriving soon. Mmmmmmmmm!!?!!

While I'm not familiar enough with Venetian canes to refute the 'A.VE.M./1940s' attribution, the translucence, 'fraility' and colours of the canes still leave me unconvinced about a Murano provenance.  Consequently I will hold this one within my 'modern Chinese' cluster until I can find a definitive cane-match one way or the other.

Thanks to all for the learned contributions.

Peter
Peter

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand