No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart Crystal Woodchester creamer crack w/ handle joins body  (Read 3409 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Stuart Crystal Woodchester creamer crack w/ handle joins body
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »
yes...............................marry a rich woman ;)

Books wise, it does depend on what areas you collect, but certainly the one already mentioned (I don't find his other volume on C19 material half as useful).
You might consider the two volumes on Scandi glass by Leslie Pina
Jenny Thompson/Raymond Slack/the Stewarts/Raymond Notley for pressed glass
Miller's may get bad press on the GMB, but they can be a useful quick guide to finding similarities etc., and lots of fairly good pix of pieces you are likely to actually find (as opposed to museum exhibits).
you must have a good glass dictionary....Harold Newman
If you like uranium glass then you need the two Barrie Skelcher volumes
then there's Susan Tobin for Wedgwood...........Lesley Jackson for Whitefriars and Factory Glass (bit of a misnomer that title I always think).
Marcus Newhall's Sklo Union for Czechoslovakia
Leslie Pina again for Fifties Glass  -  bit of an overview on mid C20 Italian/Scandi art glass if you like your aventurine inclusions.
Silber & Fleming is a good guide to C19 designs and patterns of mostly utilitarian glass.
Re the cut glass matter, I don't yet have anything really good, so would like to hear other people's ideas myself.      I do have 'Art Deco to Post Modernism' - although this is a booklet only (and very useful indeed), but not a book in the real sense.

don't know what others might suggest, but most of the above would be helpful for generall collecting.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Stuart Crystal Woodchester creamer crack w/ handle joins body
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 07:03:52 PM »
20TH Century factory glass by Lesley Jackson is very good .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand