No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: does anyone own a Pavel Panek ram or goat sculpture  (Read 3024 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
does anyone own a Pavel Panek ram or goat sculpture
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:29:16 PM »
I've bought one but it's frosted glass.  The only ones in Marcus's Sklo Union book are clear textured glass.  I don't mind that mines frosted ( I love frosted) and I don't care if it's a reissue or copy because I love it and bought it knowing I could only find clear ones, but I'm curious to know what it is.  Any thoughts on who may have made it? or did Rudolfova Hut issue these in frosted as well?
Many thanks
m

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: does anyone own a Pavel Panek ram or goat sculpture
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
Hi m,
What a lovely find.  I believe they were made in clear, frosted and coloured.  Take a look here at the 1972/6 CGR.  By the way, I've got a 'Kozoroh'.  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:52:54 PM »
Anik!!! thanks so much   8)  I knew someone had one (I'm sure you've mentioned it before but I just could not remember who). And searching on the board only brought up a red/orange one.  They are gorgeous aren't they?  I'm going to keep an eye out for the others now.  I'm so pleased he's for real.  Thanks again.
m

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:58:41 AM »
m, they're also considered quite valauble.  According to Jindrich's "Ceskoslovenske sklo" DVD database, each is worth 1200-1500kc, which is about 50-60euro. Not an amount to be sneezed at. :)

Glad I was able to help.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
That's nice to know , thanks Anik.
I barely ever see these around and I've been desperate to get one ever since I saw them in Marcus' book.  I have to say I would love a coloured piece.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand