No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tutti Frutti ?? Venetian - Murano, Smokey Colored  (Read 4455 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Re: Tutti Frutti ?? Venetian - Murano, Smokey Colored
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 06:02:08 PM »
Here is a known piece of A.V.e.M I owned - is very similar to the posted piece, except it has as stated more varied inclusions - the white lacy glass is a case in point.

Adam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »
Thanks for the replies  :ghug:

Still wondering about the bumpy type of bottom it has on it.  I can find some bowls something like it -- but then the bottom sides are smooth.  Anyone know more info or seen ones like this.  I just can't seem to locate any bumpy under-sided bottom like this.  So I kinda do not know where else to look.  What would a textured like this be called?  Any other ideas on some terms to use for the bumpiness of it...to google ??

Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline MuranoArtGlassChandeliers

• Members
  • Italian Decor and Glass Lights website
    • Murano Glass plus Antiques
    • Australia
    • Murano Art Glass Australia
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Hi
What a lovely piece ;)   The gold flakes you refer to are known as TUTTO ORO and the Silver (ARGENTO) which is not as common.  The gold flakes are created when the maestro or his apprentice take up the first plod of glass on the pontil rod, then rolls it over thin sheets of 24 carat gold on a Marva (working table).  As the glass is blown, the gold foil disintegrates but its actual dispersion is defined by the Maestro and his skills - it is not a random process.  A stunning piece and one you should be proud to own
Regards Dean
Dean
CEO and Owner
Italian Decor Glass Lights
http://www.italiandecor-glasslights.com
salesandsupport@italiandecor-glasslights.com

Offline MagicInGlass

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
I'm curious. When attributing pieces such as these ashtrays or candy dishes, whatever their purpose, is it important to get the glass factory exact, or is just knowing it's Murano okay?

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 06:22:47 PM »
Hi

Very often the only attribution that can be made with certainty is murano - this is the case with so much sommerso glass - however for the purposes of research its always good to know what maker it is (A.V.e.M, Seguso, Nason, Moretti) in that way we can build a good research database into the past designs of that glass maker - it can also be remembered that some people only collect certain makers within the murano catchment so they will always want to identify their pieces. I suppose it is also relevant that with a certain maker attribution the price tag also often rises but in the case of serious collectors that mainly counts for insurance valuations.

Adam

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
Hi there:

Any similarities with this *HERE and **HERE

Design seems kinda the same -- but these do not have the bumpy backside like mine??  Just throwing these links out for opinions.  Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand