I'm very sorry about my description but I'm not good with paperweights. I bought this because I thought it was curious. I'm not in any position to comment really, as I have no idea how difficult it is to make paperweights and I'm sure it isn't easy. However, my observations on it's curiosity are:
- that the outer canes are strange, they have a surround and a one colour inner as though someone forgot to make the extra colours in them.
- The spiral twists for the spokes are kind of lumpy and not like latticino twist, they are a bit like fusilli.
- The ground it is set on looks like pale green smooth cement
- The pontil is ground but not polished, like a Chinese weight.
- The canes are quite squashed and misshapen.
It is 2 7/8" wide and 2" high.
I do have some speculative thoughts - oh ok I don't mind being laughed at - it couldn't be a Vasart weight could it? I don't mind what it is by the way, I bought it for curiosities sake
It's just that the ground and the base look a bit like thishttp://www.kevh.glass.btinternet.co.uk/pages/vas-strath/weight01.htm
and I thought I spotted some canes with no coloured bits in in a Vasart weight.