Author Topic: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass ID = Mats Jonasson  (Read 415 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Hi all,  Purchased this little beauty today for no more than a pound.  Original label attached and it was only when I got home, I noticed that it is signed too.   It is amazing what you can find, even though it was an afternoon shopping spree.   The Paperweight is signed M J Sweden 9201, which I believe was made by Maleras Glassworks of Sweden.  I am not sure of the period it was made though. ::)  The height is 7cm and has a nice flat polished base.  Good weight too!  measuring 320grams.   Thought I would share this with you all and any comments, appreciated.
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
Think its Mats Johansson now, but started as Maleras.  Good buy for a pound!

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
Hi Otis,  yes, great find!  I have the Dove and thought it was a find at a tenner, so well done.  Definately a Mats Jonasson piece.
This is a nice site for you to visit: http://www.crystal-fox.com/index.cfm/mats_jonasson_crystal.htm

Enjoy.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
Thanks to you all for your comments, appreciated. :thup:  I viewed your thread Rosie and I must say, it was interesting reading, and now have saved it for future reference!   
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand