Author Topic: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass ID = Mats Jonasson  (Read 377 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Hi all,  Purchased this little beauty today for no more than a pound.  Original label attached and it was only when I got home, I noticed that it is signed too.   It is amazing what you can find, even though it was an afternoon shopping spree.   The Paperweight is signed M J Sweden 9201, which I believe was made by Maleras Glassworks of Sweden.  I am not sure of the period it was made though. ::)  The height is 7cm and has a nice flat polished base.  Good weight too!  measuring 320grams.   Thought I would share this with you all and any comments, appreciated.
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
Think its Mats Johansson now, but started as Maleras.  Good buy for a pound!

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
Hi Otis,  yes, great find!  I have the Dove and thought it was a find at a tenner, so well done.  Definately a Mats Jonasson piece.
This is a nice site for you to visit: http://www.crystal-fox.com/index.cfm/mats_jonasson_crystal.htm

Enjoy.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
Thanks to you all for your comments, appreciated. :thup:  I viewed your thread Rosie and I must say, it was interesting reading, and now have saved it for future reference!   
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand