No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Identifying scandinavian glass pattern numbers/ designers  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Members
Identifying scandinavian glass pattern numbers/ designers
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
I keep seeing people describe glass items as Tamara Alladin 4312 pattern and the like.
I believe that these refer to catalogues used for import/ export and or books.
The books I have do not go into that much detail re numbers, where do you find the old catalogues with the pattern number on? Do they exist? do you have to rely on the sellors description (variable/ wrong).
Are there any websites with this information (or do you rely on glass collectors websites having photos with descriptions).

Sorry for the long winded question

Regards Lawrence

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Identifying scandinavian glass pattern numbers/ designers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
Hi Lawrence.  The best website for this kind of information is: http://designlasi.com/en

There is also some excellent books by the Finnish Glass Museum which contain a lot of details from catalogues etc.  Here is the one I have:

http://www.suomenlasimuseo.fi/Suomen-Lasimuseo/Ylavalikko/Museomyymala/Nayttelyjulkaisut/Riihimaen-lasi-Oy-1910-1990/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand