No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Isle of Wight Studio Glass - nice find- New Bon Bon Allsorts bowl and perfume  (Read 1802 times)

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
Just wanted to show these to you  :)

Bought here in Oz.

New Bon Bon Allsorts perfume bottle and bowl, Perfume 11 cm or 4.5 inches high, bowl 9cm /3.75 inches diameter by 5 cm / 2 inches tall.
I like the way the base of both is clear - the coloured frits applied only over the sides and top
both with 80's triangular label
Some base wear to both - but not lots. I'd guess displayed rather than used.

Just thought they were a nice find together as a set  ;D

Jackie

jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I really like this stuff, I want your bowl.  :P

I've only got a totty pwt in Bonbon Allsorts!
I had a cylinder but I gave it to a friend (before I knew what it was or how scarce!). It doesn't matter though - he loves it. He now collects Loetz, but his favourite bit of glass ever is his Allsorts cylinder - it has travelled the world with him.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jakgene

• Members
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
Thanks Sue - yes I really like this pattern too.

I already have a small globe perfume in the Allsorts pattern, so recognised it when these were listed. I had not seen this shaped perfume before. Do I gather from your post that these two are fairly rare shapes/pattern to find?  The book said that bowls were rare, but did not mention this shape perfume particularly.

I was happy with them anyway - even happier now.

Jackie
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass

Offline jakgene

• Members
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
Forgot to say this small globe has the 90's square gold label, not the 80's black triangle like the 2 above.

Jackie
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I don't know about perfume bottles, I'm afraid - they're a collectable sort of thing on their own and this adds a price premium I'm not prepared to contemplate. I don't really pay any attention to them - I'm much more fond of big stoppered bottles which don't carry the perfume premium!

I'm fairly sure there's not that much Allsorts around, and bowls are definitely scarce even within that.  :mrgreen:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline jakgene

• Members
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
Thanks Sue - good to know.  All three of my Allsorts pieces were bought here in Australia - perhaps it was exported here or something?

I collect perfume bottles - must have about 50 all up - I really like the small bottles - have deliberately stayed away from decanters and other large stoppered bottles (although often tempted) (except for one early unsigned amethyst Mdina stoppered squat bottle I could not resist) as I could not possibly find space to display them!

I already hate the fact that more than half of my stuff is packed in the shed - I want it all out displayed at once!

I can fit several perfume bottles in the space where only one large bottle would go  :clap:

Jackie
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand