No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fritz Heckert Pokal with top  (Read 1359 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Fritz Heckert Pokal with top
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »
Hello and great to see the new board...stunning!

So here is a find of which i would have passed by should it not have been for the board and its members..
The base is marked with F.H. and numbers...as well as a propeller looking device.

I have checked with two other links and that tells me this is a Fritz Heckert piece. I would like to know if there is somewhere else i may look for more examples of his work.
Strange in one day i find two things which i had little idea...the other been a spoughtella swiss made...
Thanks for the help.
Norman

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Fritz Heckert Pokal with top
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:04 PM »
A few examples here... ... type Heckert in search http://www.glaswolf.de/356+B6YmFja1BJRD0zNTYmZGV0YWlsPQ__.0.html

The propeller mark i think will be the Harrach mark. Harrach glass blanks were used by Fritz Heckert according to this site... Mod: Link removed as content changed to inappropriate site
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:30:49 PM »
Thanks T.C. for the first link...i found the details on the 2nd site so had something to go on.
 and great to see so many other pieces.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 02:43:03 AM »
This FH vase is made in a similar spirit. The company did some fine work. I have a couple of other pieces that I believe were made by them, but they weren't signed, so I may never be sure.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand