No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vase with propellor mark on base  (Read 2852 times)

Offline glassmanet

• Members
vase with propellor mark on base
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
hi everybody,

I have a couple of questions and I'd be grateful for any help or hints. I had them pooled in one post earlier but will split them up - thanks to Ivo for pointing this out to me :-)

on the picture with the one grey vase or, well, ... thing: does anybody have an idea about the signature? I've seen these things attributed to holmegaard (probably due to the colour), which - to my knowledge - is wrong.

best regards
glassmanet

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: kosta question plus som unknowns - help appreciated :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
Hello there and welcome to the board.

It is usual that we present one single item per question, otherwise the moderators are unable to properly file the answers. So if you could split them up please - that would be wonderful.

The sawblade sig is from Skruff I'm almost 100% sure.  :thup:

Offline glassmanet

• Members
Re: vase with propellor mark on base
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
... now with a new (and hopefully better) pictures :-)

regards,
glassmanet

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:06 AM »
Hi Glassmanet,  even in the Great Glass Guide,  this mark is placed in the unidentified group (item 024)....however,  that said,  don't give up!  We all like a challenge, and you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be many of us spending time trawling through pieces of glass and looking at glass marks to get you an answer. 
It may just take time.
It is such a clear and distinctive mark, and that helps a lot. :thup:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
Hi

I know we’d all want for this to be a genuine piece of art glass, but perhaps you’re actually not looking for the producer, but his customer? This looks like the kind of company logo that would typically adorn trinkets and freebies given out to valued customers, and the glass piece itself could just as well be for cigarettes, pens or something, to put on a manager’s office desk. If so, it can have been produced in large numbers almost anywhere. Any designers out there, to whom the logo seems familiar?

mbmb

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
I have one of these marks on a SKRUf decanter - the typical one with the hole in the middle which in recent years has been copied in Poland.  But owning several of the Polish ones as well, I can safely say the Polish ones are unmarked.

Offline glassmanet

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
hi all,

thanks for your help and opinions. mbmb, I think your idea is intriguing even though I guess it must be rather a "shy" company, putting the logo on the bottom. nevertheless I looked at load of logos for shipping companies, loads of logos with propellors (of course), but I unfortunately could not find this very one.

identified or not, I but my glass because I like the pieces and not for their "name", so it has no decisive importance to know what it is - but it's always nice to solve these questions :-)

best regards
glassmanet

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,7369.msg62299.html#msg62299
a piece the same or similar to this has been on the board before and with the same mark. 
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand