No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wedgwood snail  (Read 2040 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Wedgwood snail
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »
Our first snail,should go well with the rest of the zoo ::) ;D ;D( another mooching special)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Wedgy snail
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »
Hello Keith  -  didn't know you did Wedgwood  -  do you collect just the animals or everything?

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 12:26:10 AM »
Anything and everything Paul,if it's glass it's mine ::) ;D ;D

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:53:17 AM »
Oh no it isn't.....if it's an animal,  it's mine Keith!!  :grrr:  Sorry,  but that is a given!....Except fish,  I don't 'do' fish!  ;)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 08:15:28 AM »
can only think you live in a castle Keith :24: :24:  -  Apart from the occasional animal in the charity shops, Wedgwood is a factory I really don't see outside of ebay or professional antiques sources, unfortunately - but I think it's one to collect for the future if you can find it at sensible prices.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
If only I did live in a castle just think how much glass I could get ::)
Rosie; who gets there first gets it! >:D >:D ;D ;D,this was another piece from my private viewing in the storeroom of the local charity shop :o

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »
it's rare to be able to persuade them to let you 'out the back' - back occasionally they will, and I've had the odd gem that way.     It's a good job we don't live too close  -  you imagine.........you, me, Rosie, Roy, etc., and one or two more all vying for the same charity shops :24: :24:
Talk of the devil, I went out this morning after we had commented, and found an RSW 60 in a charity shop  -  sadly with a little nick out of the rim  -  so she gave it to me for £2.     Stopper has matching No., so provided I turn it round the other way, the chip can't be seen  -  mind you, it's a bit boring  -  not remotely like the Wedgwood cut decanters.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
Hmmm....I'm not sure I would run all the way to the Midlands for a snail.......but a Wedgwood Otter....now that's another thing!
I'm not going to get into the 'going in the back of the shop' conversation....... :usd:

Rosie.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »
Otter,gotter  one of those somewhere,grey I think,that was from a charity shop if I remember right ;D ;D,I won't mention the Picasso I found in the back of the shop :o :o

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »
Not a Wedgwood Picasso Kieth!  Wow!  :clap: The things you find at the back of the shop!! :mrgreen:

About the otter.....I meant the Stoat......I gotta Otter too!
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand