No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sklo vase mystery : Rudolf Hloušek, Železný Brod ?  (Read 571 times)

Offline vetraio50

• Members
Sklo vase mystery : Rudolf Hloušek, Železný Brod ?
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:16:06 AM »
Hi All!
I recently bought a vase that I'd like some help with identification.
I've done some research and have found a similar vase by Rudolf Hloušek, Železný Brod in 1941?
It is on the following page the second vase in the Rudolf Hloušek section:
"The vase, yellow glass cut into facets and lenses, engraved dedication and motive of castle with date 10.VI.1941. Marked Original R. Hloušek, height 34 m."
http://www.detesk.cz/en/virtual-museum/author-objects/

That vase above is a signed example and I am not sure if it is blown or moulded.

My vase is definitely a moulded piece but is a little more elaborate in the pattern imitating cutting.
Could I ask for your opinions?
I was wondering if anyone knew of this design as a Železný Brod piece? Designer, age etc.?

regards

Kev Gummer, Sydney Australia.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand