No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My Latest Aquasitions.  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Hourglass

• Members
My Latest Aquasitions.
« on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »
Hi again all. It's been a while since I've posted on the Forum, paperweights have been getting harder to find here and more expensive so I have not been finding so many. Today I've been to the local car boot and managed to find these five weights at a good price and three of them I need identifying. The cobalt blue swirl with white trace and centre inclusion  has a depressed pontil with raised initials ST and 1979 below and engraved on the base is the number 5. The large aqua and white with bubbles also has a depressed pontil with raised capital initials WI surrounded by stems of roses and leaves. The smaller multicoloured weight again has a depressed pontil and in this is a raised shield containing three 'passant' lions, exacly the same emblem as the English football team badge. The little tiny one which is 1" 3/4 diameter I'm not worried about, I know roughly about this one. The pale blue irredescant one isa flattish type and still retains its triangular label 'Phoenican Glass Malta' and is engraved to the base 'Phoenician Malta 1990 so that one speaks for itself. Any info on the others would be apreciated thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: My Latest Aquasitions.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
Hi Hourglass,

Could you please start separate threads for each item requiring identification. Otherwise, things can get complicated in one thread, especially if discussions take off in various directions.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Hourglass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 01:27:22 PM »
Can we leave it as it is at the mo?, then if anyone wants me to discuss an individual weight if they message me I'll post up seperately. My initial thought in grouping these was to save a bit of space on the Forum.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »
Well ... I have to agree with KevinH: separate threads AND(!) images of the bases with the pontil marks.

I guess I know ST1979 and the lions - but don't want to risk a statement without actually seeing the marks.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
What Kev and Wuff, there is no issue with space

Offline Hourglass

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 05:36:50 PM »
OK, if you want me to seperate each and put in individual posts then I will, but it may be a little difficult to get a decent image of the pontil marks but I will try. Bear with me a while and keep an eye on this section.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 07:36:26 PM »
Weights for ID now split out as separate threads.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand