No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass sailing boat - ID = Boehmische Glasfabrik Carlshuette  (Read 3989 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Glass sailing boat - ID = Boehmische Glasfabrik Carlshuette
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
I thought I post this for possible reference. I have seen quite a few of these over the years thought they may be Bagley (my next book) but not sure. Most have always had green sails if not missing.

This one has frosted clear sails which has a RD number which looks like  Reg No 812656, I have been on the Great Glass website and the number does not show.

If not Bagley could it be Czech I sure someone will quickly correct me I feel like it something I should know.

Please feel free to use any pictures if of interest .

Thanks Roy 

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Glass sailing boat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
Thanks for putting me straight and for adding the link . The fact that the Reg 812656 did not show made me think was a inport reg or similar as a few other Czech piece carry

Thanks Roy

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
No problem, i remember it well, i had bought the boat from a second hand shop along with Walther Nymphen pieces and a Greta Lamp base. I think i must have paid about £8 for the lot at the time, which wasn't bad even though they were damaged.

Back then i knew nothing about these things and that's how i found this board and posted about them.

I might add that i was quite young at the time and had un-diagnosed AS along with other problems. I would often use cheap jokes as a form of communication.

Anyway, i'm really glad i joined this forum, i think the members really brought me out of my shell....

...and the glass is nice too.  ;D

One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »
Hello everyone,
Here is a photo of my Carlshuette Ship in amber.
Its eleven inches long (stern to bow) and over nine inches to the top of the mast!

Cheers meegs

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Glass sailing boat - ID = Boehmische Glasfabrik Carlshuette
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:29:22 PM »
gorgeous colour Meegs!  I love these boats, I think they're quite unusual.
m

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
Anyway, i'm really glad i joined this forum, i think the members really brought me out of my shell....

Missed that as not around much last year, really pleased to read that tiger!  Always enjoyed your presence here too.

Offline meegs

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »
gorgeous colour Meegs!  I love these boats, I think they're quite unusual.
m

Thank-you m,
I've left it on a high windowsill and have to admit  I gaze at it , quite mesmerized, as the the light filters through it from behind!

meegs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand