No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: I am confused.. Loetz? Or Pallme Konig?  (Read 1898 times)

Offline stulda

• Members
I am confused.. Loetz? Or Pallme Konig?
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »
Hello everybody!
Let me introduce myself a bit to you as I'm quite new here on this forum.
My name is Petr. I'm 25 years old and living in Scotland. I was born in Czech though.
Antiques, collectibles and glass has been - so far - quite "unknown" subject to me. However my partner has been into it for some time (she sells on eBay) and I have decided to put myself on the same journey. To be totally honest with you - I'm completely falling in love with glass - even though I know almost nothing about it. I basically set myself for this new path and began exploring so many beautiful pieces out there. I have been reading a lot of topics here on forum and I'm glad to join you - great community with some superb help by others. I believe I will find my place here too.
That's shortly my introduction. I wouldn't like to waste any more of your time by reading a novel from some "newbie".

I'd like to ask you for help. I recently bought this vase, which I believe is Pallme Konig. I'm almost convinced. However my friend (a small glass collector) told me that this vase could actually be loetz.?
It is 14 cm tall. Any advice would be so appreciated. I have looked at some people webpages but having no luck to find one.
You can see the pictures below.
Thank you all of you in advance!

Petr

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: I am confused.. Loetz? Or Pallme Konig?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 04:10:15 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the board.....

Your vase is actually not by either of those houses. It is most likely a piece of production by Kralik. Loetz did not really produce any decors in that style, and Pallme Koenig examples are generally in more organic forms and different colored grounds than this example.

Very nice vase, and a great find....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline stulda

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:28:41 AM »
Craig thank you very much for your reply. Have you got any idea how much it's worth? I paid quite a bit of money for it. But I really like it.
Cheers
Petr

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 10:28:39 PM »
Hello, I am sorry but I do not really talk about values much..... 

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand