No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mandruzzato sommerso faceted bud vase - have I got it right  (Read 2083 times)

Offline scavo

• Members
Mandruzzato sommerso faceted bud vase - have I got it right
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:02 AM »
I've listed this on ebay as Mandruzzato simply because when I google it ... I got lots like it.

But I would really like to make sure I've got it right before I sell it.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Mandruzzato sommerso faceted bud vase - have I got it right
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:19:59 AM »
I'm up in the air about this one. I wouldn't call in faceted as it's a simple square piece. That grey, charcoal colour was used in both Murano and Scandinavia, although I'd usually expect the Scandinavian pieces to be marked on the base. Did you check the Mandruzzato site?

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:10:47 AM »
Thanks David,

It's there on their website. Thanks for pointing out the obvious place to look.

I can change the listing to correctly describe it as '137 - Vaso Quadrato - Grigio'

So the next thing is, what is the retail price? I have listed with a £19.99 starting bid. I've listed for a friend and honestly, I'd rather give him £18.00 of my own money than sell it for any less!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:45:38 PM »
Scavo:

Yes, it certainly looks like the one the site. How about size? The ones shown are 20 cm and 30 cm.  That seems a very fair starting price whatever the piece is.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:34 AM »
No, mine is 15cm (just a tidler) which are also on the site. I'd love to know what a new one would cost as I know from bitter experience, if I listed it 99p, there is a fair chance that's what it'd sell at!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand