No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: bowl Sklo Union, Rosice ? - ID = Bagley Osprey  (Read 1828 times)

Offline scavo

• Members
bowl Sklo Union, Rosice ? - ID = Bagley Osprey
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:04 PM »
and then when I saw a little set I bought it, now I can't find the link to confirm.

does anyone recognise it? The base is quite distinctive and it doesn't look like other items of Rosice I have. There is still something Czech about it though I can't put my finger on it. Can you help?

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: I thought I saw this bowl pop up as Sklo Union, Rosice somewhere ...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »
I think this is Bagley; 'Osprey' pattern sprigs to mind. Maybe it's worth taking a look at the Wakefield museum site, or the Bagley book if you have it.

Online Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:03 AM »
Steven's right. Bagley Osprey. I have a green set somewhere

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:24:50 AM »
I only have the Hadjmadach book. I searched online Bagley, Sowerby, Davidson, Sklo Union, etc. + pressed glass bowl. but this one didn't show up. Annoyingly lots of random stuff like Murano, Chrisbka, Fenton turned up. I really don't know how these search engines find the wrong stuff the time. Even when I typed the evact item title in, there was no Oprey bowl but a vase, then 2 other items from Wayne's site and then a poster for Moby Dick! Figure that one out!

The sooner image matching search engines are introduced the better!

Thanks to both of you.

Online Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 10:41:57 AM »
I typed in Bagley Osprey bowl into Google and the third link was to Wayne's site showing Osprey bowls and into Google images where line 8 showed a set of bowls. Pattern no 3153. You have to remember that many of these things were parts of ranges.

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »
Yes, parts of ranges. I didn't think of looking in the Art Deco section of Wayne's site. I should have looked there.

It seems like different results get thrown up depending on who searches and when searches are made.
I know in the '00s google search engines were designed to work from page content rather than meta tags, at other times they prioritized results on a 'linked to' rating. 

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
MOD please do a positive ID on this. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand