No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Malta Decorative Glass footed swan, fish, penguin with labels !! & others !  (Read 19951 times)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
What on earth are you doing up so late !  :o  It was bought as a birthday present for me  (50!  :( ) So I had to bid for it... and so put in an enormous sum, thinking nobody would possibly come anywhere near it and I was totally shocked at the result  ! :o  I know the elephant is almost identical to the one that was sold on ebay, (by  eerrrmmm ?  ;) ) shortly before the auction of the above cutie , and it must be almost impossible to produce an identical elephant from a blob/gather of glass unless you are highly skilled ! That's my assumption  :)

There must be others out there..... a whole lot cheaper , and I would love to see another MDG dog !! If anyone has one  :)

Sorry Rosie  :'( Forgive me  ;)
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Forgiven....and what are you doing up so late!!

I fought hard for that ellie.... now I will sulk all the more.... you have seen my little ones though surely?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
I can't sleep !!

Would you be able to post some pics. here ? (of the MDG ones )  or a link to them , I don't think I've seen them and would love to, if you don't mind   :)
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Just did! :)
Rosie.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Ooops , sorry, crossed in the post  ;)  Very nice indeed !! :o I'm the one sulking now  ;)
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
I have a third one of these I will swap for the mottled ellie or rabbit.... we are going to get caféd if we are not careful. :o
Rosie.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Well, I could do with a coffee  ;D....

I can't swap (sorry ) as they are presents, but if I find another rabbit, that is similar, I will send it to you for free ! I promise  ;) I have seen another rabbit (on ebay with label...Phoenician ....spelling ???) which is very similar in design  to this one  but with completely different colouring. 
Mike

Offline rosieposie

• Members
OK, that seems fair enough!  ;D

My email is there if you want to give me the item number for the Phoenician one. :)
Rosie.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
The Phoenician one was months ago , so it is probably not currently listed. They also do or did a version of the Maltese boat ashtray but the ends of the boat are longer and more perpendicular and again different colours.  :) Thanks again for posting the photos Rosie ! Cheers, Mike

P.s. I will continue to hunt for rabbits  ;)
Mike

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Just in case you missed the thread Mike here is a 'pedigree' one by the man himself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand