No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Dating Large Murano Perfume Bottle  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Alton11

• Members
Help Dating Large Murano Perfume Bottle
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »
Picked up a couple of pieces at estate sale, need info if possible thanx. Stands 12" with top on and signed:  L Onesto Murano Italy. Could not find similar block shaped perfume bottles by him online, but many other shapes. Wondering if anyone had an inkling to date of production. Thnx for looking.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Help Dating Large Murano Perfume Bottle
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:41:31 AM »
A friend had one similar recently, well made high quality sommerso with squared profile and a stopper with the same construction, so I assume  the same maker. That perfume bottle had no wear at all and although this is not a reliable way to judge age I thought it looked and felt quite modern. All guesswork but my impression was within the last ten years.

John

Offline SusanRArthur

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Perfume bottles
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 02:10:20 PM »
Suggest sending his studio a photo of this bottle, the Onestos are still making glass. Getting a specific year is not easy, lots of the glass made by the many factories there for the tourist trade, you are most lucky that this one is signed. Awesome pieces, and very valuable in the right market.

Cheers,
Susan

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 02:21:16 PM »
Seems to still be in production:

http://www.oball.com/frame_prod.php?fam=incalmi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia