No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart ?? butterfly  (Read 3055 times)

Offline Roger H

• Members
Re: Ysart ?? butterfly
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 09:44:45 PM »
Yes the ebay weight seems to be exactly as you say Kevin.  Bit of a dilemna for sellers when they cant be sure of the genuineness of a piece, can understand why Ysart style is easier as a title.
    After careful comparison, Frank Andrews and my PY fake butterfly are one of the same I believe.  Wish I had not sold it now. Sold it to a local antique dealer in Norwich about three years ago and he sold it on.
    Do you still have it Frank or is it just a photo on the site?
       Regards Roger.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
The ebay weight that w84it noted is indeed, as Alan says, a genuine Hraland era item.

The seller's description and photos confirm this, with a genuine "py" label [which could conceivably have been added later] and an "H" cane embedded within the underside of the blue ground [which could not have been added later].

So the "Style" part of the title does seem to be redundant.

I wonder whether some people are thinking that unless there is a genuine "PY" cane they should err on the side of caution and use the "Style" word. If anyone reading this is of that view, I would recommend the use of "Studio" rather than "Style" (as in "Paul Ysart Harland Studio") if you accept the Harland part as the source of manufacture but are unsure about whether Paul Ysart actually made it.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Roger H

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Maker of, what do you think "PY or not in view of the "H"cane. Is the demarcation really so? Roger.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand