No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass ID = Mats Jonasson  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Hi all,  Purchased this little beauty today for no more than a pound.  Original label attached and it was only when I got home, I noticed that it is signed too.   It is amazing what you can find, even though it was an afternoon shopping spree.   The Paperweight is signed M J Sweden 9201, which I believe was made by Maleras Glassworks of Sweden.  I am not sure of the period it was made though. ::)  The height is 7cm and has a nice flat polished base.  Good weight too!  measuring 320grams.   Thought I would share this with you all and any comments, appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: A little gem of a paperweight - Scandinavian Art Glass
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
Think its Mats Johansson now, but started as Maleras.  Good buy for a pound!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »
Hi Otis,  yes, great find!  I have the Dove and thought it was a find at a tenner, so well done.  Definately a Mats Jonasson piece.
This is a nice site for you to visit: http://www.crystal-fox.com/index.cfm/mats_jonasson_crystal.htm

Enjoy.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
Thanks to you all for your comments, appreciated. :thup:  I viewed your thread Rosie and I must say, it was interesting reading, and now have saved it for future reference!   

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand