No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help identifying opalescent vase  (Read 676 times)

Offline 2reads

• Members
Help identifying opalescent vase
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:07:12 PM »
I've attached an image showing the vase I have.  Not sure of who made it, the only information I have is that it is from around the 1950's, France is on the bottom, and it may have been purchased at Bullock's Wilshire.  It is opalescent with fantail doves as shown.

Thank you!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Help identifying opalescent vase
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board  :)
Your vase is very beautiful!  I can't help with an id,  but I'm sure someone will be along soon who will be able to.  Do keep checking back to see if anyone has posted a response as not everyone is on the board at the same time.
thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
I have seen a Sabino dove that looks similar to those on the vase. Might be a place to look but It is an uneducated guess as I have read this piece below, and think all theirs were marked with more than just France. Im sure the experts on here will be along soon, they are great on here. Its a stunning piece though, would love to find one. Could try Hunebelle, D'avesn while you wait, if nothing else its some beautiful glass. Pete.
 http://www.glass-wiki.net/Sabino%20Crystal%20Company.ashx (a small link on the bottom of page for catalogue)
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline 2reads

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »
Thank you, I will keep looking on the internet.  I will also go over the vase closely and see if there are any marks i may have missed that may identify it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand