No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fenton Drapery(?) Bowl  (Read 1737 times)

Offline popsmcchicken

• Members
Fenton Drapery(?) Bowl
« on: March 20, 2006, 01:32:39 AM »
Hi All,

Could someone help me with a date of production on this Fenton Bowl.  I believe the pattern name is Drapery.  Approx.  10" wide, done in a beautiful shade of dark cranberry with a very nice opalescent treatment.  Has the Fenton logo on the bottom, but almost unreadable and I can't find this particular pattern in any of my Fenton books.  Many thanks in advance.

http://i1.tinypic.com/rthsh1.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/rthszp.jpg
Pops McChicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Connie

Fenton Drapery(?) Bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:28:13 AM »
I looked in my books also and couldn't find it.  It isn't in Compendium 1 or 2, the 1990s decade book or Special Order 1980-present.  So given that, it wasn't in the regular line prior to 1999 and if it was a special order, it wasn't from 1980-1999.  

With the darker cranberry color, I suspect it is newer.  They changed the formulation and the cranberry is much more intense in the newer pieces.  I would date it sometime in the 2000s but I am not sure which year.

Forgot to add:  It may be a QVC piece (in fact it looks more like what they sell on QVC) rather than a regular line piece. I would still date it to 2000+

Look at the logo under a loupe and if it has a "0" then it was made in this decade.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline popsmcchicken

• Members
Thank you.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »
Thanks, Connie.  I have looked with a loop, but the logo itself is almost unreadable, let alone the number in the oval.
Pops McChicken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand