No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Oiva Toikka  (Read 2210 times)

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Oiva Toikka
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Here's the candlestick I bought at Woking yesterday—it's dual purpose candlestick one way and a vase the other. I thought it may be from the Nuutajärvi Toikka Kastehelmi (Dewdrop) range but wasn't sure. I found one this morning with an Arabia label  :D  , but does anybody know for sure? 7394127742

Here's a picture of the Toikka cube I mentioned in the twitchers thread. It's dated 1987, but it's not the limited edition one from that year.

Robbo
robbo

Offline tmaritta

• Members
Oiva Toikka
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
Well, I am pretty sure your candlestick/vase is from Kastehelmi range by Oiva Toikka, produced by Nuutajärvi/Arabia (but please don't ask me which label was used first or when they were exactly used).  

Kastehelmi range seems to be rather large and to my opinion quite unmistakable.  I have never seem or heard about any imitations either.

Regards,
TMaritta

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Oiva Toikka
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »
Thanks tmaritta - I wasn't sure - the label on the ebay listing looked as if it could have been transferred from something else and this isn't a shape I'd seen before.
robbo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand