No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Flavio Poli/Murano or Czech Cased Green & Brown Vase  (Read 4814 times)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Flavio Poli/Murano or Czech Cased Green & Brown Vase
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Michael,

It's hard to tell with the colours as I'm never quite sure that my monitor is showing what others are seeing. The colours don't looks quite look quite the same to me. I have a similar colourway, but my sense that this was a later colourway, 1959 onwards (the Stahlikova, 1960, mine 1959). 

However, it's more the shape of the mouth and the base that takes me away from the pattern number you suggest. There is fair bit of individual variation in Skrdlovice, as we all know, but this would be quite extreme. I've attached the photos.

I'm not ruling out Skrdlovice but I don't think it's the pattern you suggest.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »
David, I am not totally convinced about the PN I suggested for my vase, either.
But I have seen Skrdlovice pieces differ much more from the drawings in the pattern books than in this case.

And I was not able to find another pattern which would suit better regarding overall shape and especially the cross section...

I still believe that all these vases (yours, mine, the brown-green one in question, the one in Klara Samuelisova's gallery and another one in the same colourway I saw at the flea market recently) are the same pattern. But of course I could be totally wrong. 8)

Maybe Robert can clear this up one day...
Anyway, interesting discussion :D

BTW, the tall brown/green Beranek 5988 is great.

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »
Michael:

The more I look at it, the more undecided I get between Mstisov and Skrdlovice. Either way, a very nice piece.

The colours of the piece on the Samuelisova site look very much like Skrdlovice.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 07:33:22 AM »
As a collector of both Czech and German glass, I thought this piece wasn't Czech. The colours, deep green with an amber base, are very typical of German WMF pieces of the 60s, most of them designed by Erich Jachmann.

That is, until I saw the Beranek vase near the end of the thread 'My Skrdlovice collection is growing nicely', with label. That is so similar, I must be mistaken. Oh well, I'll attach a picture of my WMF to show why I was thinking of them instead of Skrdlovice.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand