No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two wine cordials....  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Nancy128

• Members
    • USA
Two wine cordials....
« on: March 24, 2006, 07:14:35 PM »
Found these at an estate sale today.  The cut glass one might be Val St. Lambert?  The pattern looks familiar, but I thought I toss it out to you guys.  The other green cordial, I don't know anything about, but that its really pretty.  Do any of these look familiar?

http://i1.tinypic.com/s4nvrk.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/s4nw3d.jpg

Thanks, Nancy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Two wine cordials..
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »
Great stem on the 2nd but no ideas. I split your postings for you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Two wine cordials..
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 09:16:44 PM »
Cordials with a twisted stem like your green one were made to special order right until the 1950s in Belgium; I do not know which factory (could be Chênée) but I know that the oldest Amsterdam liqueur bar used these in clear with an etched logo - until the factory went under and they could not get new supplies. These glasses still turn up in the antiques trade but they are getting quite rare.
If it one of the Belgians, then the foot should be made in a clapper, i.e. smooth and flat, no pontil marks or kickups.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand