No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bohemian gilt vase?  (Read 4466 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Bohemian gilt vase?
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:44:12 PM »
Does anybody know who made this?

It seems to be old.

Again, I'm the only one that likes this in my family.  :(

Any comments welcome, thanks.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 07:59:37 PM »
Romanian then?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »
Possibly Italian or Belgian, circa 1950s. Not romanian (oof what a relief)

Connie

Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:51:59 PM »

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:15:25 AM »
http://www.hogelandshoeve.nl/56pix/pages/boom408.htm

Indeed, Boom it could be. Thanks, Ivo and Grayhorse.  :D

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »
http://i1.tinypic.com/s43srk.jpg

found it. I knew I had seen that edge before. Quite obviously NOT Boom, but Italian.

Connie

Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »
Ivo - I hate to disagree  :wink: but I don't think the piece you posted looks like TC's piece at all.  The edge is different - TC's is cut & polished.  Also the gold bands are different.  What strikes me about TC's piece is the flatness of the gold decoration.

PS- Where is Jay when we need him?  :lol:

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »
Well spotted!  I just unearthed the item in question and found the edge is different, though the design  of birds and rocailles is very close - admittedly a little crude on my satinated Italian piece.
In any case, I do not believe Boom made this type of work, and the mere coincidence of horizontal striping is not sufficient.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Re: Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:07 PM »
Old thread. A kind person on www.collectorsweekly.com has informed me that this is by Crystalex production unit 2, Novy Bor.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Bohemian gilt vase?
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 05:27:55 PM »
interesting - I have been adding pieces with this style of 'oroplastic' decoration to another thread - but I think they are a lot older.  Yours is very slightly different in execution but looks as though the overall design is the same.  I'm wondering how the older cut pieces relate to Crystalex Unit 2 now as still have no id for them.
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand