Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!
Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Antique Lustres - Help with ID if it is Possible  (Read 757 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Antique Lustres - Help with ID if it is Possible
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
Page 91 of Charles Hajdamach British Glass 1800-1914 - he explores the 'Bohemian connection' and on that page is a vase in the middle that has some similarities, albeit vague. It has a floral plaque and some of the gilt  work on it and also the cut and gilded rims - not the same but it is dated to about 1840-the early 1860's.
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
I think they may be pineapple stands. Somewhere (Sue? may remember where) I saw an advert or an original illustration showing a turned over rim thing as a pineapple stand

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »
No, I don't remember where,  :-[

but as soon as I saw this thread being ressurected I thought to myself ;- "Christine and I found out these are pineapple stands, I wonder if she remembers where we saw this... "

Was it  just the other week when you were here? I'm sure it was an illustration, you pointed it out to me. What illustrations did we have to hand?
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:22 PM »
Looking for opaline glass on another thread, I came across these on an antiques site.  They have the same shape as yours with the completely folded rim,  but then have separate bits that sit in the top.  I wonder if with the separate bits in they are candle holders and with them out they can be used as vases?  dual purpose?

http://alexiaamatoantiques.com/sales.asp?stock=S1

m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search