No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Antique Lustres - Help with ID if it is Possible  (Read 2727 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Antique Lustres - Help with ID if it is Possible
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:43 PM »
Page 91 of Charles Hajdamach British Glass 1800-1914 - he explores the 'Bohemian connection' and on that page is a vase in the middle that has some similarities, albeit vague. It has a floral plaque and some of the gilt  work on it and also the cut and gilded rims - not the same but it is dated to about 1840-the early 1860's.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »
I think they may be pineapple stands. Somewhere (Sue? may remember where) I saw an advert or an original illustration showing a turned over rim thing as a pineapple stand

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:50:48 PM »
No, I don't remember where,  :-[

but as soon as I saw this thread being ressurected I thought to myself ;- "Christine and I found out these are pineapple stands, I wonder if she remembers where we saw this... "

Was it  just the other week when you were here? I'm sure it was an illustration, you pointed it out to me. What illustrations did we have to hand?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 10:25:22 PM »
Looking for opaline glass on another thread, I came across these on an antiques site.  They have the same shape as yours with the completely folded rim,  but then have separate bits that sit in the top.  I wonder if with the separate bits in they are candle holders and with them out they can be used as vases?  dual purpose?

http://alexiaamatoantiques.com/sales.asp?stock=S1

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 10:21:30 PM »
the 'hole' in the top of these is narrow and peg shaped I think rather than as wide as that in yours, but this is a pair with a turned down rim and the glass 'shade' in the top just for reference.
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21722/lot/207/

I still wonder if these are French.

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand