No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pretty sure Skrdlovice - who is the designer and when. ID = E. Beranek 1950s  (Read 2707 times)

Offline ahremck

• Members
Boba seems to think this is Skrdlovice (from one of my themed display pictures).  So now I have show shots for your consideration.

Who might have designed it, and when approximately may that have been?

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Nice colour. Certainly Skrdlovice I'd say, and very likely Emanuel Beranek from the 50's.  Excellent find.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline bOBA

• Members
I agree with Langhaugh,

it is probably a slight variation, through the nature of hand made production of a vase Langhaugh has in his picasa gallery by E. Beranek, PN 5533, in the Langhaugh gallery it is number 609 I think,

Is there a hint of pink in it? I don't see too many of these, a nice thing,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline ahremck

• Members
No Robert, just a plain very light blue throughout.  It is quite small at c. 6" tall.

Ross

Offline bOBA

• Members
Thx Ross, I have a couple in light blue throughout, it does look quite a lot like a Per Lutken colourway. The only alternative pattern this vase could be is a Jan beranek design from the same time, but this would require three blobs sticking out of the vase near the base, which I cannot see from the picture. If these are not present, the shape and height makes a solid attribution for the Emanuel design previously mentioned, as suggested by Langhaugh too, it was made in two heights 22cm and 16cm, a nice piece,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline ahremck

• Members
No blobs, Robert, so it will be the 16cm version.  A really sinuous design.

Ross

Offline bOBA

• Members
I have a nice near contemporary Skrdlovice vase in exactly the same blue, they are very nice pieces and the single colourway makes them a bit unusual, I don't think it lasted for many years this light blue throughout look at Skrdlovice, very nice though!!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Glad that Robert has confirmed. Your version, Ross, is a good one. As you say, sinuous, where my piece drifts a little towards the clunky.

On my monitor there is some green in Robert's piece, which I'm presuming is only on my monitor.  Emanuel must have liked the colour as my piece in that colour is also by Emanuel at around that time. I think it's a very striking, if subtle, colour, just a little softer than Lutken's light blue.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline ahremck

• Members
I agree David.  I was going to say that myself as I have lots of Akva Per lutken pieces.  It is lighter that most swedish glass -Kosta, Orrefors & Stromberg as well.

Ross

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand