No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: photo for chopin- listz Monart shape SE  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
photo for chopin- listz Monart shape SE
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
Hi Sue in an other thread you mentioned you would like a photo of  a Monart piece from the Perth museum Monart collection you had  seen. From your discription I think it is this vase. You are right it is a stunning piece.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: photo for chopin- listz Monart shape SE
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
That IS stunning and gorgeous Gary - but its not THE one.
MY (it's really mine, honest. I deserve it. Nobody could love it as I do.) one is bubbly and the colours are amber and blue (in a clear base) and the surface is almost lumpy (from the bubbles - they're big bubbles) - and it is MASSIVE. I'm a wumman. I like big thick cylinder chapes.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
I did not see the whole collection of Monart, this is nearest one that is close to last description but not being a wumman :) I am maybe on the wrong track.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »
I had to arrange about 4 or 5 different visits in order to see it all - we had no say in what was produced on each visit - but it was around 18-20 bits we saw each time.

I remember both these bits well.....  ;D  It was fun being there.

(my comment was my response to my OH's time in the Riiksmuseum in Amsterdam, while he was drooling over some amazing furniture - the really curvy stuff, which bellies out at the bottom. He blushed and said, defensively: "I'm a man. I like curves.". I have since noted my fondness for cylinders.
Make of it what you like! :-\
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:52:32 PM »
(my comment was my response to my OH's time in the Riiksmuseum in Amsterdam, while he was drooling over some amazing furniture - the really curvy stuff, which bellies out at the bottom. He blushed and said, defensively: "I'm a man. I like curves.". I have since noted my fondness for cylinders.
Make of it what you like! :-\

LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand