No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gunnel Nyman question  (Read 2823 times)

Offline gfirob

• Members
Gunnel Nyman question
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
Did Nuutajärvi re-issue any Gunnel Nyman glass in 1987?  I have seen a vase for sale on the web indicating that the signature reads:

"Gunnel Nyman Nuutajärvi 1947/1987"

Could this be an error or was the glass re-issued?  Anybody know?

Thanks

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Gunnel Nyman question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
Just wondering if this is the same vase you refer to in the link below..?

Although not completely sure however it would appear that these were probably produced by Nuutajärvi to commemorate the 40th anniversary since Gunnel Nyman's death. I would presume that these were a later production of one of her earlier designs.

I gather the sticker on the vase with the blue fish logo was also in use from around 77 to 93.

I sure someone we confirm for sure.

http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/nuutajarvi---gunnel-nyman---morsiushuntu-maljakko/219505759

Offline gfirob

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »
Yes, Greg, that's the one.  I noticed the sticker as well.  Huuto, I assume, must be the Finnish version of ebay.  I was unable to enlarge the photos on Huuto, possibly because a supplemental service or fee is required, so it is difficult to see the details on the piece, and google translate while helpful, can be imaginative with its translation of Finnish.  But it seemed to be a later piece to me.
Thanks
Rob

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »
Rob, there's quite few of these for sale looking online, this one should hopefully give you a few better images.

:)

http://www.bukowskismarket.com/items/39329/images/1

Offline gfirob

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
Thanks, Greg.  I see the archive function on Bukowskis gives a pretty good sense of prices for these various Nyman pieces.  Looks like they are a little more common in Scandinavia than they are here in the States.
Rob

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:35:55 PM »
Your welcome Rob, I didn't realise you were in the states, hopefully a few pieces crop up closer to home.

:)

Offline gfirob

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 07:45:47 PM »
Well they do from time to time, but the prices tend to be higher here for Nyman then they seemed to be over there.  Plenty of Orrefors though and truckloads American glass...

I just signed up for the Bukowski auction though, and (depending upon shipping) it might be an economical way to go (comparatively) depending upon what pops up.  I saw some photographs of a glass sale at (I think) the glass museum in Finland, and it was amazing to see some of the stuff that was sitting out on the tables.  Not to be seen in the States.
Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand