No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 331596 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »
Two Vizner pieces have found their way into my Skrdlovice collection today... a pineapple (7117) in a really great colour, and a clear ball vase (7048).  I'm extremely pleased.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 05:45:04 PM »
Really attractive pieces Anik, the light brown of the core really works well in the pineapple Vizner piece. Langhaugh has a fantastic tall version that shows this contrast and I have a similar one to yours, it makes a dazzling effect when sunlight hits it. The ball vase is great too. I like these pieces a lot.

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
Very nice additions, Anik, no wonder you are very pleased :)
Your collection seems to focus on Mr Vizner...

I saw a beautiful massive green cone shaped vase similar to your ball vase 2 weeks ago, but the seller was convinced it was 1950s Murano and worth 250,- Euro, so I had to pass.

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:58:57 PM »
Thank you Robert and Michael.

I've now got 10 Vizners in my collection and approximately 50 Skrdlovice items in all (closer to 60 if I include my stupendously fabulous Exnar animals which all of you are really envious about, but don't want to admit it. Lol.)   

My Skrdlovice is growing nicely.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
OK, it's post 1993, PN 9413 to be precise, by Jan Konank for Beranek Glass, but I assume Beranek glass is also welcome in this thread? My latest acquisition (maybe I should add my earlier acquired Skrdlovices as well).

It's massive, big and one of the heaviest vases in my collection, but I love it, despite the somewhat later design date.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
Astrid, that's a wonderful design and in great colours.  As for me, it makes no difference if it's an earlier (Skrdlovice) or later (i.e. Beranek) piece. I can be smitten by both.

P.S. I'm so happy that you've decided to join this thread. :)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
Well, I do collect enough Skrdlovice to be able to add something, though my collection isn't as impressive as Michael, David and yours. This piece was my 15th bit of Skrdlovice/Beranek (and 96th bit of Czech glass).

Maybe we'll find enough Skrdlovice collectors to start doing a 'map the skrdlovice drawings per design number with photographs of the finished object' project...

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »
Astrid -- great you joined our thread!

We have already covered a wide span of designs from the 1940s to 1990s, but many are still missing -- and your Konarik vase (despite of being very attractive) is another style we haven't had before...
So thanks for showing.

Michael

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »
Jindrich Beranek, PN 5656 (the shorter version of my blue and green vase).

Also featured in the book "Modern Bohemian Glass", 1963

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
That's a lovely little thing, Michael.   

I must admit, I get very confused with 50s Skrdlovice designs, and more often than not, can't grasp the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between patterns.  I do think that the 5656 is the rounder, ball-shaped version of this design while the 5678 is more elongated (like your blue one).

Whichever it is, were they made in more than 1 size?  (I wouldn't recognise your latest addition as the Jindrich Beranek.  :-[

Anik (feeling rather stupid)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand