Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II

<< < (31/97) > >>

chopin-liszt:
 ;D
I've definitely got the bug; a full-blown, incurable, life-long infection...
That's a beautiful thing, Anik - it must weigh a ton!  8) 8) 8)

Anik R:
It's a great bug to have, Sue!  ;D

P.S. My vase is quite heavy.  It weighs 3175g.

rocco:
Lovely vase, Anik! (Glad I have it already, so I don't have to turn green again ;))

Are you sure about it being a non-patternbook piece? -- 1 cm is not much in my experience for Skrdlovice of any period; almost all my pieces show differences like that (or even more) to the measurements given in the pattern books...
For instance the tall Vizner whirlpool vase I showed a few weeks ago has a diameter of 10 cm instead of the 8 given; my Palecek 8318 is 2 cm shorter than the 24 cm given...

Michael

Anik R:
Michael, I can never be sure of anything.  You could be right.

I've had several 'beers' and none have ever wandered from the pattern book sizes as much as this one.  It just looks different.  Below is my fat vase and my standard-sized 7411 for comparison.

P.S. Interestingly, I have never seen a tall Vizner whirlpool that had the pattern book diameter of 8cm.  All have been 10cm or a wee bit more.

rocco:
I can see the difference now ;D Very chunky proportions, I like it.

Mine is 19 cm high, and 8.5 cm wide, so quite close to the pattern book.

For instance my green-slime Svoboda vase is only a little bit over 6 cm wide (should be 8 cm according to the patternbook), my Hlava vase is an almost perfect ball shape instead of being 17 x 20 cm; and I could go on like this endlessly (but I am too lazy to measure and compare at the moment ;))
I think I have more Skrdlovice items which differ at least 1 cm from the measurements in the pattern books than ones which would have correct dimensions....

BTW, there was an extremely beautiful vase from this range on ebay.de recently -- tall version in dark blue...

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version