No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 331656 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »
Two more :D

Jirina Zertova threaded ashtray, 14 cm diameter, PN 6511 (a little bit unusual execution as the blue threading is almost completely marvered in the brown glass).

Chunky Vizner vase, weighing 1.5 kg at a height of 13 cm; not really sure about the PN ???, but with that style of neck it should be from the 1970s I guess...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
How odd about the Zertova... but it's a beautiful piece. It's a great shape and a gorgeous colour.
Great find, Michael!

The other piece is interesting, though for some reason, it isn't making me oooo and aaaaa. Could it be the 7603?  It looks like a good match.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
Thank you, Anik! :-*

The Zertova piece is very attractive, goes well with the Palecek mica vase. (And it is in pristine condition, complete with red label).
What I hadn't expected is that it is colourless glass cased in brown glass; I always thought they were brown throughout...

The Vizner vase is much better in real life, so chunky and massive, I am really happy about it (I love the fat flat rim, very Vizner, my first piece with this feature). It was even appreciated in my household as an attractive vase, doesn't always happen with Skrdlovice ;D
I am sure you are right with the PN you suggested, though it looks like the pattern had some regularity to it in the drawing, while it is totally random in my vase.

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2013, 04:33:21 PM »
Two really interesting pieces, especially as Vizner and Zertova seem to be my main interests right now.  The brown vase does seem like Vizner, but I can't see a pattern for it. The surface treatment looks very like the patterns around 8225, and there's a later version around 1986. The flat rim seems to be a feature of pieces around 1973-2. Oliva did a surface treatment like this as well, (I think they're sometimes called onion pieces), but the flat top is very Vizner.  A good research project and a great find.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2013, 06:17:58 AM »

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2013, 05:17:07 PM »
Thank you David!
I saw that vase on German ebay, it was the only similar piece I could find...

If the rather regular pattern in the drawing doesn't indicate too much I would think the PN Anik suggested (7603) seems most probable atm, as hight, rim and overall shape are right.
That one seems to be a relative of the pieces from PN 7541, where the drawing of the hotworked decoration looks a little bit more random -- and more similar to my vase.

BWT, >> this is gorgeous, where is :mrgreen:?

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »
On looking at everything again, I've come round to Anik's point of view, that the piece is indeed 7603.  The pattern 7603 is shown with all the lines running vertically or horizontally. When I looked at the pieces I have from that series, none of them quite achieve the same consistency of the markings being either vertical or horizontal. Yet the alternative, 8225, is far more organic and on the diagonal. So, I'd lean towards a confident attribution of 7603. Congratulations on a great piece, again.

David

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #247 on: March 08, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
Finally I got around to take pictures of my new additions

1. Beranek piece by Ales Valner, probalby around 1992, but I'm unsure of the exact pattern number. It resembles 9298, but that one is taller.
2. Finally, the tall version of Ladislav Palecek's very nice blue and green 7719

Also picked up a nice little Gabrhel (I'll put it at my website if anyone's curious)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2013, 03:27:21 PM »
Astrid, it's so good to see you back! :)

Nice items. I do believe your purple vase is the 9298 (it was made in two sizes according to the catalogue: 20cm and 28cm).

By the way, your Gabrhel pieces are lovely (not to mention all the other gorgeous glass). Super collections!

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
Astrid, it's so good to see you back! :)

Nice items. I do believe your purple vase is the 9298 (it was made in two sizes according to the catalogue: 20cm and 28cm).

I hope I'll find a bit more time to hang around here and collect more Skrdlovice (of course)... Thanks for the update on the 9298.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand