No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332735 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »
Oooooooooooooooooo, David, that is a remarkable and beautiful piece of art glass! WOW.

P.S. Though I know it's a shame, my lamp bases will remain quasi-vases for the time being.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Oh WOW, that is something! Great piece.

One of the things I like about collecting Skrdlovice -- there are beautiful pieces from all periods to be found, some of them readily available, many rather scarce; but also the one-offs like this stunning vase...

Michael

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #262 on: March 11, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »
Beautiful piece, David! Do you know at what time approx. it was made? Given the style I'd suspect '80s...

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #263 on: March 11, 2013, 11:37:36 PM »
Thanks for the compliments. I'm still trying to track down details such as date. I'll pass the info on if I find out.

And Anik, shouldn't the guiding principle of the lamp vases be,"Use it or lose it?"

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #264 on: March 23, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »
Two very different pieces added:

- great Jaroslav Svoboda vase, PN 8606/32
Not a range seen very commonly...

- brown cased in green hotworked 1950s vase, 22.5 cm high; PN not really obvious to me, so any guesses appreciated ;)
As the pattern is not very clearly seen in the pics I will have to describe it: 3 spiralling groves like in the "Andromeda" range, with round indentations inbetween.
Looks a bit like E. Beranek PN 5650, but the height is wrong.
With a lot of wishful thinking it could be PN 5504, Jan Kotik.
But there are some more candidates...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »
Oooo, I love your Svoboda vase, Michael. We don't see those around, do we? What a wonderful find!
I also like your 50s Skrdlovice piece (good colours) but I can't quite help you with a PN... Have you taken a look through the "Magic of Glass" photos? Maybe you could find a match that way.

Edited to add:  This Kotik piece from the exhibition looks close: Magic of glass 3

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Thanks Anik!
The Svoboda is really good I think, and the biggest size...

Robert once said that that piece from the Pardubice exhibition is not by Kotik, one of the very few mistakes there. It is similar to my vase, though...
But it is always nice to stroll through the exhibition pics and pattern books, even if nothing conclusive emerges :)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2013, 05:32:42 PM »
Robert once said that that piece from the Pardubice exhibition is not by Kotik, one of the very few mistakes there.

Oh dear, I either must have not been paying attention, or my brain forgot about that. :-[

But you're right... it is lovely to look through the photos (even more so than the pattern books).

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
ATM nothing to be found here at the fleamarkets, so I was very happy about getting this lovely vase as a present:

Emanuel Beranek 1950, 15.5 cm high.

Not sure about the PN, but this design was shown at the Pardubice exhibition: >> Link

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
I like your vase, Michael... its simplicity is appealing.  If it is from 1950, could it be the 50112?

A new piece also accidentally entered my collection: a Hora 8519. It is so ridiculously large (19cm tall, over 20cm wide and 2369g) I found it MUCH too charming to let go.  :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand