No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332821 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
Anik, a really impressive piece. But I have to confess it would enter my collection only by accident as well  ;) (But if I stumbled over one I would surely buy it)

I think the PN you suggested for my small vase is the only one which makes sense in the 1950 pattern book, though the drawing does look quite different...

Having complained yesterday that there is nothing at the local fleamarkets to be found at the moment, today's Naschmarkt visit proved otherwise:

- bold and beautiful Stahlikova vase in the blue and purple colourway. 22.5 cm high, 14 cm wide. One of the best I have seen from this design (while my >> other one is one of the worst and wonkiest ;D )
I won't even deal with PN, they all look too similar...

- Emanuel Beranek PN 5911, 15 cm high; a little bit unusual as the whole piece is in the (uranium) green and blue colourway, with the pouches in 4 additional colours. Others I have seen so far had a colourless base glass.

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2013, 04:51:25 PM »
Ooooo Michael, you've had an exciting day!  It just goes to show that maybe you should complain a little bit more.  ;D

Though I'm not very fond of this Stahlikova design, your vase is the most beautiful and well-proportioned one I've ever seen. It really is something special!  The small vase is very odd -- I've never seen one with so many colours. I wonder what the glassblower was thinking?

So glad your luck at the market picked up. Yay!  (I haven't found anything exciting at my Sunday market in such a long while... maybe some of your good fortune will rub off on me when I go tomorrow. :) )

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
Well, as spring is here now, I hope that a lot of nice glass wil come your way tomorrow ;)
The Stahlikova is much better in real life...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »
Oh Michael, I wasn't very clear with what I was saying... your Stahlikova looks absolutely beautiful!!!

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2013, 03:46:57 AM »
Good buys, Michael. I agree with you about the variability of the Stahlikova design,  and that your new one is the best you've seen. I know mine is wonky although my blue and pink is very nice.

Anik, I really like the Hora piece, one of my favourite designs of his.

I was at an antique show in Vancouver today and a surprising amount of Skrdlovice, although nothing very rare. Tomorrow I'll post a couple of  Vizners I've bought recently.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #275 on: April 14, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
Oh Anik sorry, it was me who wasn't clear...
I wasn't refering to your statement, rather saying that it looked even better in real life -- the third dimension (the thin pulled lobe opposite the massive "body") is missing in my pics.

David, curious to see your new Vizners!

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2013, 12:20:35 AM »
Two of my new Vizners. Both look like typical Vizners, monumental, elegant, and simple.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
David, two more great Vizners I have not seen before...
The first is more beautiful, while the second is more interesting :)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2013, 05:30:00 AM »
I really have to think of something other than WOW to say... David, both pieces are wonderfully magnificent!

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
Here is my newest 'fancy' piece of Skrdlovice art glass... A beautiful clear (with a slight azur tinge) Vizner 6828 which is 18,5cm tall, 13cm wide and weighs 3,4kg.  Yay me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand