No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332826 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »
Your taller example looks very fine Michael. I turned this vase down the first time I saw it as I did not know what it was, then I kicked myself when I saw a photo of one and realised. Luckily, the seller still had it for sale a few months later when I ran into them again. 8)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2013, 12:16:41 AM »
 Emanuel Beranek 5909 -- modernist rocket vase bought on Etsy for a very reasonable amount, fits well with the rest of my Skrdlovice.

Adam

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:42 AM »
Lovely Emanuel Beranek vase, Adam! Wish I had bought the amethyst coloured one I saw at the fleamarket some time ago...

Some new pieces here as well:

- my favourite addition: early Veliskova dish, bubbly glass with aubergine / green stripes (similar style to my E. Beranek snail shaped bowl), 17.5 cm long, 10 cm wide. PN 5037 I think.
- big dark blue Vizner vase with gold aventurine (or mica?), stands a little over 25 cm tall, PN 7622 or 7623 or 7626
- Palecek vase in blue and clear, with worn Beranek label, 29 cm high, PN 7719/28

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #333 on: July 13, 2013, 04:06:49 PM »
Great items, gentlemen! All lovely and very different examples of Skrdlovice art glass.

P.S. Michael, according to Jindrich's Vizner DVD, yours is the 7623. (The 7626 is green while the 7622 has got a different internal pattern).

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
Thanks, Anik! (And I wish you wonderful holidays) :)

The Vizner is a very attractive (and impressivly big) piece, doesn't photograph so well unfortunately.
I was confused by the pattern numbers as similar vases are shown as PN 7626 in the >> 1989 Skrdlovice catalogue and in the >> Beranek glass catalogue (though with white instead of gold).

But the Veliskova dish made me even more happy...

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »
I haven't posted much recently, but thought there might be some interest in a recent Vizner acquisition. It's 22 cm tall, weighs an astounding 5.58 kg, and is from the early 1970's.

David 
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #336 on: August 14, 2013, 04:34:44 AM »
An impressive piece, David!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #337 on: August 14, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Love the colour and the flared rim. Great vase, David!

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #338 on: August 14, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »
Great pieces. Just on this page are enough reasons to collect Skrdlovice! The Langhaugh vase and the Veliskova piece are both rare and significant. The Langhuagh vase is on p. 133 of Ricke and the Veliskova piece is in a volume by Petrova. There is something great about owning pieces that are in short supply and are already featured in notable publications. Very nice things!

Robert

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2013, 08:54:13 AM »
Thank you so much for the kind words, Robert!
To find a piece like the Veliskova dish is, to me, really a highlight in collecting Skrdlovice glass.

And interesting to learn about the book by Sylva Petrova -- never heard of that. It seems hard to come by, not a single copy available on Amazon etc.
I have the Ricke book, but he (a little unjustly IMHO) omits designers like Veliskova, Stahlikova or Emanuel Beranek...

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand