Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II

<< < (88/97) > >>

langhaugh:
Michael,

My Bohuslav has a fairly worn base, but there's no indication that a surface application has been worn away. I also have a couple of Stahlikova pieces from around 1958 with a white layer cased in a light blue.  I'd call the effect opalescent, although I imagine it's a question of how you define opalescent. One possibility is that it's a process that Skrdlovice experimented with in a limited number of pieces over a couple of years.

David

rocco:
Though I wouldn't call the white layered Stahlikova pieces opalescent (nor my pink Zertova vase), this little vase definately looks opalescent -- even if the effect was possibly achieved in a different way than in "standard" opalescent glass.

Two pieces added to my collection, one good, one great, both Oliva :D

- PN 8307, 24 cm, topaz
- PN 7314, 31 cm, simply one of the best Skrdlovice pieces ever made...

Michael

Anik R:
The Oliva 7314 certainly looks beautiful in photos -- I'd love to see and feel one in real life.  That's a wonderful addition to your collection, Michael!  (But perhaps I would argue as to what is the best piece ever made by Skrdlovice. :) )

rocco:
Another lovely Vizner piece for my collection:
"whirlpool" ball vase, blue and azur, PN 7048/14, a little over 13 cm tall, 3 kg.

Michael

P.S. @Anik: Yes, very tough to say what is the best Skrdlovice piece; but the Oliva ranks very high on my list ;)

Anik R:
Lovely find, Michael...  I started off very much disliking 'azur'.  Then I decided I rather like it. Now I've gone back into the phase of not liking it.  :-\       But this is a great design, and a great shape -- it's more of an object than a vase. 

P.S.  For me, one of the best Skrdlovice pieces is still the Vizner 'egg'.  My three, along with my Svoboda lamp base and my silly Exnar animals are at the very top of my oogle, fondle and admire list.  :P    Then again, there are so many pieces I still haven't had the chance to see and touch...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version