No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332618 times)

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:33 PM »
Great piece Anik,

it looks quite a good match for 6451 It is in CGR 1966/6, I think.

Robert

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #451 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:08 AM »
Thank you, Robert!   So still Strobachova and still 1964, but a candleholder.  I'm happy.  :)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #452 on: November 22, 2014, 01:22:15 PM »
Unfortunately damaged, but still a stunner (and quite scarce I would think, haven't seen it outside the pattern books so far):

big (25 cm) and heavy bottle vase, designed by Maria Stahlikova / Milena Veliskova in 1961, PN 6128.
I guess I will not get closer to a Blecha piece than this ;)

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2014, 08:35:12 AM »
A stunning piece Michael, one that I've only seen in the pattern book. Congratulations.

Skrdllovice seems to have dried up for me right now.  However, I have managed to acquire four very different pieces. The swans are Emanuel and I appreciate them for their historical value. The green/blue and blue/red pieces are Vizner, both included in his book, and the chimney vase is a well made Svoboda.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #454 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
Thanks for the comment, David!
The vase is my favourite Skrdlovice piece at the moment.
BTW, in the pattern book there is a very faint "100" next to the drawing, so quite a limited run.

And yes, it has become quite hard to find Skrdlovice pieces which add something new to our long long thread...
You managed it perfectly.

All pieces are very good, but I particularly love the blue and red Vizner vase, much more effective colourway than my blue/green one.
And I am always happy to see rare early Emanuel Beranek pieces.
The swans' basic shape was later used by other glassworks -- I have one made at Karlovarske Sklo.

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #455 on: November 24, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Nice pieces David. I like your vase too Rocco, I hope the damage is not too severe....... still as you say, a rare thing. I have not seen the swans in the cased pulegoso before, I will find out a swan of mine in plain pulegoso for the thread...... Quite rare Vizners too. I agree that finding interesting Skrdlovice seems harder these days but Vienna (and Canada) still hides a few I am sure. Nice finds gents!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
Yikes...  now I know I have to invest some time in studying the pattern books again:  Michael, I wouldn't have recognized your piece as Skrdlovice.  :-[    Super find, and I'm very impressed by your skill in being able to identify these uncommon designs. 

David, interesting additions to your collection, but I'm most taken with the green blue Vizner.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #457 on: December 08, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
Some 1950s/early 1960s pieces added:
1. I was looking for this one for quite a while: lovely Stahlikova/Veliskova beaked vase, opaque white inner casing, surrounded by a black band. PN 6005, 28.5 cm high.
2. big bowl by Emanuel Beranek, appr. 36 cm wide. PN 59108. Marvelously executed -- massive base, paper thin rim, totally underestimated pieces imho. (unfortunately not easy to photograph).
3. mystery piece: curvaceous bowl, 20 cm wide. It just has to be Skrdlovice. The closest I could find (not a perfect match though) is a design by Marie Stahlikova, PN 5623.
Again in the scarce yellowish opalescent colour, this time with a light rose-brown inner casing. No iridescence.

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #458 on: December 26, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
Once again, lovely additions, Michael.  I'm sure your home is looking more and more like a fabulous museum of glass.  ;)

The last piece is interesting though I can't seem to find it in the Skrdlovice pattern books either. It's got a bit of a Myers-esque quality to it.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #459 on: January 02, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
Thank you, Anik; true, the bowl above is a little mysterious, but I cannot think of another maker but Skrdlovice...

Some new purchases:
Always nice to find a piece I haven't seen but a small drawing of before:

- lovely bear-shaped ashtray, designed by Frantisek Zemek, PN 54166, 12 cm high.
Insterestingly it has an engraved mark to the base (the seller hadn't mentioned in his listing, so I was quite surprised when I unpacked the piece): "54166 ZEMEK".
So maybe a pattern room example?

- The trailed vase itself is not that unusual (Jirina Zertova "spider's web" range), but the colours are ;)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand