Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II

<< < (93/97) > >>

Anik R:
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Michael!!!!!   Absolutely super pieces.  I just LOVE the bear, and the Zertova is a beauty. 

Oh dear, I'm so jealous -- but, of course, in the most sincere and sweetest way.  You really outdid yourself this time.  Your collection is the best.  :-*

rocco:
Thank you ;)

I was so happy about finding the Zemek piece -- whenever I had looked through the 1954 pattern book I got caught on the drawing of the bear ashtray.
Much easier to remember that pattern than one of the dozens similarish ashtrays with pulled lobes ;D

Michael

Anik R:
I wanted to show off my Jindrich Beranek paperweight.  It's only 9cm tall but weighs 1089g.  Robert very kindly told me that the colours suggest a date of c.1960.    Normally, I'm not very fond of soft hues, but they look great on this piece.   :)

rocco:
Very nice, Anik -- this must be one of the earliest paperweight designs then.
I love the soft colours, too :)

Michael

Anik R:
I'm excited about the newest addition to my Skrdlovice collection...  a wonderful Karel Wunsch 8214 bowl with a folded rim.  What makes the design special is that though it looks like a deep bowl (even when you look in), the inner well is exceptionally shallow -- something you only realise when you reach in.  The optic effect is fabulous.

My bowl is 16.5cm wide, 8cm tall and weighs 2122g.

Oooo and I found it here in Poland.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version