No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332704 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 06:56:09 AM »
I wonder if it was the conception of this range to provide a unique decor to each piece ???
If you look at the pic in the 1989 Skrdlovice Glassexport Anik linked to, both pieces on the left have the same PN, but even the shapes differ widely...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  All three vases in the catalogue are different, yet two share the same pattern number.  In the Beranek catalogue the 8803 has got an additional 'lip' at the top, making it another variation of the same piece. 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
Yes, a little bit confusing...
I had thought that by the late 1980s there wouldn't be as much variation as in the 1950s.

Another humble addition from today's fleamarket (rainy day, lots of glass for me ;D)

Emanuel Beranek, PN 5963 (I think), 17 cm high

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »
Looks to be in great shape.  Interesting how different the colour can be in these pieces

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 05:32:15 AM »
Yes, I've seen several green-aqua or purple-green versions of pieces like that, but not many in this sort of colour.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2012, 06:18:38 AM »
The sparingly used colours -- one small splotch of red, one streak of blue -- seems a little bit unusual.
(When I spotted the vase, I wasn't entirely sure if it was Skrdlovice, until I saw the label)

David, yours is rather similar with just the pink at the inside. BTW, is it mirrored to mine, or am I interpreting the pic wrongly?

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2012, 07:44:59 AM »
David and Rocco's are two similar but different patterns, I have the same pattern as Rocco, which he has correctly attributed,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
I did manage to enlarge my Skrdlovice collection this week... since I bought a few pieces from Anik, I won't bother to repost them as she already mentioned them in this thread. But a found a variation of the 85 Roubicek. I don't think I would have noticed it at all if a similar piece hadn't been mentioned in this thread. Pattern 8526:

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
Thanks Robert for the additional info!

Here it becomes obvious again that I should be careful with attributing patterns: I would have sworn that David's and your vase share the same PN...

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
Rocco I may have been confused (none of us are always right!!!). Your estimation of a flip on this pattern may be correct. I was thinking of the similar pattern 5987 which you do see in blue, green, and topas etc, which is a larger vase, not this one. Davids' vase had confused me for a while because it is a flip-mirror of the pattern.... and does not seem to have the blue as illustrated in the pattern (unlike ours) but the variability of hand made production makes a variant of 5963 the best estimate I guess..... as the height is correct...... even though it is a mirror image of the shape.... this is seen occasionally.... apologies for any confusion.......

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand