No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 331606 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
No need to apologize -- these mirrored pattern are confusing, and many of these Emanuel Berank designs do look so similar to each other...
I showed a blue and green vase last week, which I assumed is the Emanuel Beranek PN 5987 (although a little different to the drawing in the book as well regarding the position of the hole)

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:26 AM »
Hi,  My piece does have a little blue in it, not apparent in my Picasa pictures and which you can only catch fleeting glimpses of unless you look at the piece from the bottom.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »
Grown by one again, a small but nice piece:
Jirina Zertova ashtray, PN 6029, in quite an interesting colourway (light green cased in amethyst, which makes the whole piece look sort of grey)

Michael

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »
Another great find, Michael, one that certainly make my week.  Zertova's design are very good and this a really effective colourway.  A great collection is made one piece at a time.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
Last week, I won a Jan Beranek 5988 on ebay which is also very light green cased in amethyst.  I love the colours, but I never expected my piece to glow.   

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 03:42:37 PM »
Anik, nice vase in a really nice colourway, I love it, too :) I have this amethyst colour only in my two Zertova pieces so far...

So do all green Skrdlovice pieces from this period contain Uranium? -- Will have to test my collection.

Thanks David, I totally agree that Zertova's designs are very desirable, but unfortunately (apart from this bubbly range) really hard to find...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
Not all green 50s Skrdlovice contain uranium.  I've got an Emanuel Beranek vase from 1954 in the same wonderful green-cased-in-amethyst colourway as the one I posted above, but it doesn't have one hint of  a glow. I've also got a bluish-green vase by Rudolf Beranek from 1955 with no uranium. 

From my experience, very few Skrdlovice items glow. 

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
Thanks for the info, Anik!
Will have to borrow the UV torch from work...

Michael

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »
The find last week at a very big Belgian antiques and collectibles market in Brugge. 5 km of market - and only 3 or 4  czech pieces, two of which I bought (I already had the other two). One was a nice prunted Rhapsody Mstisov basket (10 euro, couldn't leave it for that price). On to the true find.

The owner was trying to interest me in a few huge Val St. Lambert vases that were attractive, but very expensive (and I don't collect Belgian glass). And then I noticed he had this one lying around on the floor. "Oh, that one. Don't know what it is. You can have it for 25 euro." Needless to say I rescued this nice Skrdlovice vase by Frantisek Vizner in azure, pattern 6855. It even has a gold Bohemia label, so unlike my 6860, it's probably period manufacture.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2012, 10:22:47 AM »
Astrid -- great find!!

And according to the pattern book these were first made in azure only, so yours is in the "original" colour.
Lovely...

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand