No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II  (Read 332585 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Skrdlovice collectors thread, part II
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2012, 06:58:43 AM »
Astrid, I'm so happy to see you back!

Lovely new additions to your Skrdlovice collection -- I'm especially fond (and jealous) of your Palecek 7608 and the Stejskal which you almost didn't buy.  Well done!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2012, 10:20:10 AM »
Astrid, lovely (and many) additions! :)

The 8318 Palecek vase is one I would love to have as well...
Not so sure about the Stejskal piece; I saw it here once, and didn't like it enought to buy it; but it looks really good on your photograph.

I saw about 8 Skrdlovice items today at the Viennese fleamarket, but they were either too expensive, damaged, or I have an identical piece already in my collection. So I will just show the nice Vizner bowl / ashtray I found last week, PN 6826/13.

Michael

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
The 8318 Palecek vase is one I would love to have as well...

That was fast! ;D
Found today, Ladislav Palecek, PN 8318, 22 cm high (should be 24 cm)

And the most ridiculous vase one could imagine, Beranek glassworks, PN 9608/18, by Jiri Vencalek.
I only bought it because it was very cheap (and because it makes me laugh whenever I look at it; well, not the worst reason ;))

Michael

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
Well done, Michael! I'm not sure the Vencalek will give me the 'it must be mine!' sentiment, but it's fun in its own way.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2012, 05:59:19 PM »
Thank you, Astrid.
When I spotted the Vencalek vase it gave me the "it must not be mine" sentiment ;D; but the seller obviously wanted to get rid of it, and offered it for 6 Euro (I hadn't even bothered to ask for the prize).

And I am starting to like it, regardless the fact it is about the opposite of everything I would call a good design...

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:28 PM »
Nice pieces Michael and Astrid. I have the Palecek 8318, in blue, amusingly with a lightly etched Leerdam on the base! (I have seen Daum written on some fifties Skrdlovice too).  The 7532 Vizner is striking and the other Palecek is quite uncommon. I have the Stejskal pattern only as a jardiniere but it displays well. The Vencalek is interesting and I perhaps too could be persuaded by price, it does not look a simple thing to make. The new factory pieces are now not really that common on the open market, it is a real shame we never see the best pieces for sale from the Beranek Glass factory before it closed....... some of the pieces I would pay good money for but I have never seen them around...... I have a few common, mediocre pieces from there and a couple of quite good ones, but they are not often displayed very prominently!! The very best designs from Beranek Glass seem very rare to find and they rank fairly as good designs (in my opinion) to be called Skrdlovice ......... I am thinking of vases on the old website such as 10 2003 03/23 Roman Bastl,11 2004 22/20, Jan Koňařík and 10 1904 13/30 Josef Pospíchal. Hopefully GMB members will find yet more pieces to show!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2012, 08:14:05 PM »
I like many of the newer Beranek designs. For instance I would like more Konarik, Valner, Svab and Kolbabek in my collection. I agree that they too rarely turn up for sale. Maybe we'll have to wait another 10 years before the first owners get tired of them :)

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
Just to add: Robert is perfectly right that the Vencalek vase is a really well executed, chunky piece of glass (as usual), so my concerns are merely design-wise.
Astrid's Konarik vase and Anik's Svab vase are great examples of post 1990 Beranek glass; it's a pity that pieces like those don't pop up very often... (not even here in Vienna)

Michael

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
And one more from Emanuel Beranek, I think PN 5980.
22.5 cm high, nice brown colour...
Has the yellow with silver script label, so I would think early 1960s production.

@David: some great new addtions to your collection in your gallery :mrgreen:
Can you tell me more about that orange and yellow swirl plate/bowl? -- That is a fantastic piece.

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Great colour, Michael... such a warm, deep brown. Lovely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand